Growing up in Michigan, and being a first grade teacher, September meant apples… field trips to the orchards picking apples from the trees and filling wicker baskets… visiting cider mills and experiencing that first taste of the fall season… and making chunky homemade applesauce in the Crock pot filling our kitchen with a warmth autumn.
Now, I’m a homeschooling mom living on the sun coast of Florida. Our farmer’s markets are filled with Michigan apples, but I think it’s time to start a new Floridian tradition in the Warren kitchen… and these vegan protein cookies are perfect for this new beginnings!
APPLE PECAN “SIMPLY FIT” COOKIES
· 2 cups of blanched almond flour
· 2 scoops Arbonne Gluten Free Vanilla Protein Powder
· 1 scoop Arbonne Fiber Boost
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
· 1/2 cup grape seed oil
· 1/2 cup agave nectar
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· 1 cup fresh or dehydrated apples – chopped (add more if you like)
· 1 cup chopped pecans
· Combine dry ingredients into a bowl. Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir with a fork. Add apples and nuts.
· Bake on a greased cookies sheet for 7 to 10 minutes at 350. Cool before removing from cookie sheet